(若大家喜歡我鏡頭下的馬拉松風景,不妨Click樂施會的標誌,資助他們的扶貧工作)

2011年4月12日星期二

Food for Run and Thought 30


「You can never be sure. That's what makes the marathon both fearsome and fascinating. The deeper you go into the unknown, the more uncertain you become. But then you finish. And you wonder later, 'How did I do that?' This question compels you to keep making the journey from the usual to the magical.」Joe Henderson, American runner, running coach, and writer

「Running hills breaks up your rhythm and forces your muscles to adapt to new stresses. The result? You become stronger.」Eamonn Coghlan, Irish athlete and 3-time Olympian

「I will always listen to my coaches. But first I listen to my body. If what they tell me suits my body, great. If my body doesn't feel good with what they say, then always my body comes first.」Haile Gebreselassie

「I sometimes think that running has given me a glimpse of the greatest freedom a man can ever know, because it results in the simultaneous liberation of both body and mind.」Sir Roger Bannister, English former athlete best known for running the first recorded mile in less than 4 minutes

「Running is not, as it so often seems, only about what you did in your last race or about how many miles you ran last week. It is, in a much more important way, about community, about appreciating all the miles run by other runners, too.」Richard O'Brien, runner

沒有留言: