(若大家喜歡我鏡頭下的馬拉松風景,不妨Click樂施會的標誌,資助他們的扶貧工作)

2008年1月2日星期三

"Holiday" in London

Today is 2nd of Januray. The London Christmas and new year holiday end and I don't have any excuse to let myself lazy anymore. This is my first time having my Christmas holiday outside my hometown.

I like the Christmas in London. Maybe this is my first time and last time to celebrate Christmas in London, next year I won't be here anymore definitely. This is the best Christmas in my life, visited my Ghanian British Friend Joy at the night of Christmas Eve, enjoyed a wonderful Ghanian Cusine with my dear neighbour and travelmate Ms S.

I met Joy in Yemen and we both stuhdied in SIAL. Joy told me her wonderful journey in Ethiopia and she would move to Hannover, Germany this April. Once my British friend Mark came back from Yemen to London, we will visit Joy again and listened to Mark's story and I will visit Joy again in Germany later! Then I went to mid-night mass with Ms S in St Paul's Cathedral. Although I am not a Christian, but celebrated Christmas Eve in the most magnificent church is excellent.

Almost all students left the student hall during holiday, it seemed only 2 students occupied the whole dormitory. London was like a dead town and no people walked on street except the streets near Chruch. On christmas day, went to St. Paul Cathedral and then bought some candles and matches, had a "candle light" Christmas Meal with Ms S again.
On the new year Eve. Watched firework with Middle East Studies Classmates near north bank of River Thames. We went out too late and couldn't squeeze near to the London Eye, so pity that we could only hear the "bomb" "bomb" noise and see nothing except smoke and smog!!! Anyway, we still had fun time, drank wine, ate cake and I even pee in the street with other local British. (Sorry, I couldn't find any toilet!)

On the first day of 2008, went to watch football match with Ms K and her Japanese friend Akiko. Fulham vs Chelsea. This was my first time watching football match in Stadium, the atmosphere is good, we sat in Chelsea side. I didn't understand what the fans sang and the slogan they shouted, excpet: Fxxk off Fulham, ... Fxxking Shit ...
I could only recognize Ballack, Joe Cole and Wright Philips. Lampart and other famous players of Chelsea didn't show up! I am not a quite football fans, the ticket costed me 48 pounds, it was really too expensive. Evening was shopping time, after Christmas, all shops in London are on sale! I bought some outdoor equipment for the future trailwalker and hiking. It was so cheap, cannot imagine I can get these things in expensive London!

I will miss and remember the pre-Christmas Spain holiday with S, A and F and this Christmas forever.
Go back to book again.

3 則留言:

匿名 說...

Yeung,
It seems that you spent a pleasure time in December apart from just working hard on your assignments. I really have to work hard now. Hope our next holiday will be more fun and happier.
Fat S

匿名 說...

pics are really great!!! Spain is a nice place.

匿名 說...

Mr Y,
Though London is a dead city during Christmas, seems like you're still fully occupied with dates. I would like to visit St Paul on Christmas day too, can imagine the peaceful atmosphere inside. Really enjoy reading the Spain blog, with lot's additional info. Cheers- Ms A